Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to your Questions to keep all campers happy…
How far are we from ....
… Hershey / Hershey Park – 14 miles / 20 minutes
… Lancaster / PA Dutch Country – 25 miles / 30 minutes
… York / Harley Davidson – 27 miles – 30 minutes
… Dutch / Wonderland – 30 miles / 35 minutes
… Gettysburg – 54 miles / 1 hour 15 minutes
… Philadelphia – 99 miles / 1 hour 40 minutes
When is Check-out?
Check-out is BY 11:30am. Checking-out means exiting the site and leaving the campground.
Can I just drive in and get a spot?
Reservations are always suggested, especially during Summer months. Walk-ins are accepted as sites are available. A night registration desk is provided for after office hours. You must follow procedures listed, including picking a site from those listed only and paying the site fee, change will be provided the next morning. This must be done before occupying a campsite (State Law).
How late can I arrive?
During Summer, the staffed office is usually open until 9pm; 10pm on Friday and Saturday. Off season we close earlier – (call for office times.) Arrivals must be planned to arrive before store closing. Areas of our camp are very dark and may be difficult to get into sites at night – thus causing unwanted noise. Required quiet hours 11pm-7am.
We left a little early, can we check in?
Our check-in time STARTS AT 3pm. We are sorry but we are unable to accommodate early arrivals. If you plan on arriving early, we suggest you purchase the site for the night before.
What does my site fee include?
2 adults / 2 children (children under 18 years) – one RV or tent – one vehicle. Extra fee applies for additional persons, guests, vehicles, trailers, etc. Maximum of 6 persons allowed at one site. A responsible adult, 21 years or older is required for all campsite reservations and must be present during stay.
Can I put up a table canopy or screen room?
A screen room is allowed provided it does not interfere with your neighbors, fire rings, walkways, utilities, etc., and is no larger than 12′ x 12′. Groups must obtain permission for a larger canopy or screen room from the Kampground prior to arrival.
Can I put a tent up by my RV?
Only 1 camping unit is allowed per site, we do not allow tents on our RV sites.
Can I bring my pets?
Many of our campers wish to bring their pets along with them. Having your pet with you while camping bring with it a lot of responsibility. To ensure everyone’s safety and comfort, pet owners must observe the following rules:
- We do not accept the following breeds: Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Pit Bulls, or mixed breeds of these animals or any pet that is aggressive;
- Pets must be kept under control at all times. This means your 6 year old cannot walk your big dog in the campground. Pets must be kept on a leash no more than 6′ in length.
- You must carry your clean up bag, pooper scooper with you at all times and clean up after your pet. Pet walk areas are located throughout the campground.
- You cannot leave your pet alone. Your pet may be quiet when you are here, but shortly after you leave, it becomes lonely and is likely to share that loneliness with your neighbors. Excessive barking dogs will mean you need a new campground. Hershey Park has an on-site kennel (call 1.800.HERSHEY for more information) or click here for other area kennels.
- Pennsylvania State Law holds you directly responsible for your pet and requires you to maintain control of your pet at all times.
- Sorry, no pets allowed in tent sites or Deluxe Cabins. Specific pet friendly Log Cabins available (only 2 pets allowed with fee).
- Anyone found violating these pet rules will be asked to leave, without refund!
- Your visitors may not bring their pets with them.
I have people coming to visit - what is required?
We understand that you might like to invite a nearby guest or two to your campsite for a meal or a few hours to share. Regulations require us to keep track of who is in the park. Check with office for fees, restrictions and hours allowed to visit.
The rules for your visitors are simple:
- All of your visitors must be registered at the office, pay fee and park where they are directed with a valid car pass displayed. If you want, you may stop at the office ahead of their arrival and pay their fee for them. If they leave within 30 minutes of their arrival, we will refund their visitor fee. Only one visitor car allowed at a time.
- We reserve the right to restrict the number of visitors in our park at any time, and to any campsite (especially during Holiday Periods or busy weekends.) Do not plan a party at your campsite!
- Visitor Hours are: 9am – 9:30pm during Summer and to 8pm Spring & Fall.
- You, the camper, are responsible for the conduct of your guests. All visitors are subject to the rules of the campground. Any violation may result in the removal of the visitor(s) and the camper, without refund.
- Visitors may not bring any pets. Please inform them of this before they arrive.
Do you sell firewood?
YES! We have bundled, kiln-dried firewood that can be purchased from our store. Transporting firewood from outside of the immediate area of the campground is a common way of transporting disease and invasive insects.
Wow! 4th of July! Can I bring fireworks?
PA State Law prohibits the use of Consumer & Display Fireworks in Pennsylvania without a permit. Items such as “ground and hand-held sparkling and smoky devices, novelties, and toy caps” are permitted.
Can I bring firearms?
No firearms, BB guns, sling shots, bows / arrows, paint ball weapons, pellet or other projectile firing weapons are permitted.
Are alcoholic beverages allowed?
It is allowed on your campsite only! Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and will result in eviction without refund.
Can we ride bicycles?
Our roads are primarily gravel and we are a hilly campground. Families do ride their bicycles regularly in the campground or take them to the nearby Conewago Recreation Trail. Pennsylvania law states children under 12 must wear a helmet. Absolutely, no bicycle riding after dark in the park or down our hills. Parents are responsible for supervision of children on bikes.
Am I allowed to fly my Drone in the campground?
To ensure the safety, privacy and enjoyment of our guests, the use of drones (unmanned aerial vehicles), is prohibited.
Can we fish at the campground?
We have a catch & release fishing pond. You do not need a license to use it. The pond is stocked with Bass, Bluegill and Catfish. The record so far, a 34″ Channel Catfish estimated at 25 lbs. Bait can be purchased at the store.
Is there anywhere else to fish nearby?
The Susquehanna River is just down the road with a boat launch and public fishing access. PA does require a fishing license.
When are your quiet hours?
Summer: 11pm – 7am. NO excessive noise allowed. Sorry, if you were expecting to party through the night, you are at the wrong campground! Tents must be up before 10pm!
I think I've changed my mind and can't come now.
Read the Cancellation Policy fully before booking, that is what we go by. This KOA Campground has some special periods that have particular cancellation requirements for different types of sites.
Can I bring my golf cart? ATV?
Sorry, no ATVs, golf carts, mini-motor bikes, or other off-road motorized vehicles. Only licensed drivers may drive any motorized vehicles on our roads.
Are there other campground rules or courtesies required?
We welcome you to our campground and wish for you to have a safe, comfortable and enjoyable stay. To ensure that you do, please remember you are a guest on this property, sharing the surroundings with other campers just like you, please respect that. This campground is privately owned and operated. Our policies are in place to ensure EVERYONE’S safety and comfort. A complete list of camping rules will be given to you at check-in for your camping party to read and follow. Please call us (717.367.7718) if you have a specific question or need regarding a concern about rules.